Tuesday, July 11

Summer Movie Review, Part 2

Here's Part 2!

Superman Returns: (7/4/06) I think I would have enjoyed this movie better if I had grown up watching the original ones. I don't know... maybe I'm just used to seeing more moody, rugged heroes. He's clean shaven, nice haircut, not at all like other superheroes recently. And then there's this whole thing with his illegitamite kid. No matter what your moral stance, I think that we can agree that the honorable thing to do when one knocks a girl up is to marry her or at least stick around. Superman - Mr. Honor and Justice - took off for five years. Okay, maybe he didn't know, but after he does find out and Louis asks him to stick around, he gives her a crap answer like "I'm always here." Yeah, sure. I'm sure he's going to show up at his son's little league game. And just try getting child support from Superman. Hate to be the collector on that call. Surely, the man that Louis was dating was more of a man and father than Superman. He was the type of guy who would do anything for his family. And then, the whole bad guy plan to destroy the world: make an island out of crystals? What the heck is that? And then, the whole undeveloped plot with Superman's son and his powers... I don't know. It just didn't catch me. The special effects, though, were amazing. And Kevin Spacey was pretty good, too. Rating: 4/10 Official Site | Wikipedia

Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest: (7/7/06) I know a lot of people didn't like this movie (including certain ninjas) but I really enjoyed it. Lots of action, lots of special effects, lots of semi-witty banter. Johnny Depp still had his gay swagger, but he was a little more hetro in this one. The plot line was complicated though. Actually there were a lot more than just one plot line. Everyone and everything had a plot line. It was cool, though. It was at least as good as the first one. I called the ending, though, from halfway through the movie. I knew there was no way they could finish it in just three hours. Go see it. It is awesome. Rating: 9.462/10 Official Site | Wikipedia

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift: (7/8/06): Wow. This was a bad movie. I mean, bad. Horrible. Like a car wreck horrible. Just plot lines and character development strewn all over the pavement, all gooey and gross and starting to smell bad. I saw this while Terezita was in work and I was bored. Take my advice: just say no. This was the only movie I've ever seen that people actually walked out - not because of violence or sex or objectional content, but because of sheer boredom. There was no good part to this movie. Rating: -2/10 Official Site | Wikipedia

Goodnight, all!

No comments: