Thursday, July 20

The Great Apartment Search

I Know I haven't posted for a while, but we've been busy. I know you guys have been searching for a reason to live without my daily posts keeping you company, so here's a new installment.

First off, yes, we did go to a Dashboard Confessional concert. It was awesome. Stinkin' awesome. Terezita surprised me with this. She went out and bought the tickets and planned the whole day without me even knowing what was going on. So that day, we drove out to Universal City (I think that's what it's called) and had dinner at Tu Tu Tango. It was very good. I had some of their specialty: sangria. It was alright, I suppose. It tasted like a very fruity wine. I'd have it again, I suppose. Then we went to the concert. When I found out who it was, I started jumping around in happiness. Those of you who know me know that I have loved Dashboard for a long long time. This was my first time seeing him live. So we got in and the show started. The first act was this guy Ben Lee. He was great. He sounds awesome. He is taoist, so his music is very positive, but in the same genre as Dashboard. I've been listening to this guy a lot since the concert. He's just so much fun. The next act was this band called Say Anything. Never in my life have I heard a more out of place band at a concert. They sang a sort of heavy punk metal. They pit was entirely still. The audience was talking or leaving to go get food. It was pretty bad. They didn't go over too well. Not a single whiny word proceeded from their mouthes, which is exactly why people go to a Dashboard concert. So, finally, Dashboard got up and played. It was amazing. Everybody was singing along with the music and many songs Chris Carraba let the audience sing instead of him for much of the song. It was awesome. And he put in a lot of his old stuff and just enough of his new stuff (which is considerably different). All around, it was crazy-cool. Very fun, indeed.

Since then, we've been on the hunt for an apartment. With our price range, it has been hard to find something without a load of graffiti on the walls and drug deals going on outside. But yesterday, Terezita went to look at an apartment that she found on the internet (using Craigslist (is that one word or what?)). Before she went to see it, I told her that if she fell in love with it, she could sign us up for it. While I was at work, she gave me a call. She had fallen for it. So we went to look at it last night. It was very nice. They billed it as a extralarge studio, but it was more like a one bedroom because the closet is so stinkin' big. For those of you that have been to the apartment that I'm living in right now, the closet is only slightly smaller than the room my roommate and I share. So, we have a nice living room and kitchen. It is pretty small, but that's sort of what we were looking for. We even have a patio area where we could put a couple chairs and maybe a barbecue. The neighborhood is also nice. It is in the Korean Town of Garden Grove, but it has to be the most Mexican Korean town in the world. Well, it's about equal measure Hispanic and Asian. Weird.

Anyway, we put in our application yesterday and are turning in our deposit tomorrow. Very exciting. So we are finally getting our first "our place". Both Terezita and I are very excited about decorating it and making it truly ours. In a couple of weeks, hopefully we can have all of you over so we can have a party or something. Even sooner, we'll have all of you over to help us move! :)

So, I'll try to get some pictures up of it as soon as I can. Maybe some video, too, if I can borrow Kevin's camera. Have a nice night, all!

No comments: