Tuesday, May 16

-New Shorts, Gay Chinese Men and a Sick Terezita-


So yesterday I went out to buy some shorts. I'm poor, so I wanted to go to a Walmart. Yes, Walmart. Even Target is too expensive for me these days. There is no Walmart in Irivne. I'm supposing that most people in Irvine can afford the extra $5 or so for Target. We found a Walmart in Santa Ana.


Santa Ana is a scary place. Graffiti covered every piece of open wall we could see. When we got out of the car in the parking lot, it was like being at a baby convention right before nap time. Walmart, I knew, would be simply lovely inside. Yeah. Lovely.


Have you noticed that the better something looks, the more expensive it is? I was looking for two pairs of $10 shorts. I found the $10 shorts alright, but I decided to spring for the $15 ones. I decided that I would rather like to have some semblance of durability to them. The line to check out was incredibly long, but we made it. In the parking lot, a guy asked us (in Spanish, of course) if we would like to buy tamales. Now, I love tamales just as much as the next guy, but this person didn't have any tamales actually out. I believe they were in the trunk of his car. Maybe they were "hot" tamales, if by "hot" I mean "stolen" and by "tamales" I mean "drugs" or something...


I'm tired. Can you tell?


So, B. D. Wong spoke to my race and racism class today. He seems like a genuinely nice guy. I would suggest seeing him if you get the chance. He speaks about his being a gay Chinese man in the entertainment industry. Interesting.


Terezita is very sick today. I made her soup twice in one day.


Another note: we watched Mean Girls yesterday. I would definitely recommend it. It was very funny, in a "smart funny" sort of way. It was good. Why can't girls just get along, eh?


Good night!

No comments: