Thursday, May 11


My first post, eh?
Well, let's see... Frankly, I'm not sure how much I'll use this blog. I would like to say that I will write on it everyday and keep it up fresh and all that, but seriously, what are the chances? I'm pretty busy...
Don't believe me?
Well, how's this for a breakdown of my week:
Monday - Get up at 8:00 Am to get to work by 9:00. I work until about 6:00 (on a good day). I get home to my apartment (which I share with 4 other people) and Terezita comes over. ("Who's Terezita?" Wait till the end...). We make dinner. We watch our most recent Netflix movie or episodes of Lost. We do homework. Then I go to bed at about 11 or 12 or so.
Tuesday - I get up at about 10:00 or whenever the sun wakes me. I get up, get ready and go to school. Get this: I live in Irvine and I attend school at Cal State University, San Bernardino. It's quite a drive (about 65 miles one way, I believe). Takes about an hour. I'm there until 6:00 pm and then I drive home. Terezita comes over. We make dinner. We watch our most recent Netflix movie or episodes of Lost. We do homework. Then I go to bed at about 10 or 11 or so.
Wednesday - See Monday.
Thursday - See Tuesday.
Friday - See Wednesday, except I stay out later. Especially every other Friday. Every other Friday is Live Nudes at UCI, which is not as dirty as it sounds. It is actually a improv group that is definitely worth its salt. They end at about 1 or 2 am.
The Weekend - Can't tell yet. I just moved here. I don't know... We'll see.

So, questions?
Where do you work? - I work at Foldera, Inc as a "Consulting Software Analyst".
What does that mean? - The programmers do all the hard work. They actually create a product out of the aether (sp?). I do the easy work - I tell them what they did wrong.
Who is Terezita? - Terezita is my fiance. She is also the most wonderful human being I have ever met, which is a good quality for the person one marries.
Do you think this blog will go anywhere? - We'll see.

A quick review of a movie we saw tonight:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
This movie was great. It was really sad in a lot of parts, but ends happily. I did predict the ending before it was thirty minutes into it, though. I have decided that Jim Carey is one of the more amazing actors of our time - when he does drama. This movie and The Truman Show are two of the more amazing movies I have seen in a while. Both open up a lot of discussion about things that are not normally talked about. After watching this movie, I had a strange urge to see Changing Lanes. Anyone share this?
Some discussion questions:
  1. Would you ever erase your memory to get rid of a person? If so, who?
  2. Is this ethical? What are the ethical problems that are raised by this procedure?
  3. Is love something that can be eradicated from your brain? Side note: this brings up the philosophical theory of rationality: Are emotions held within the synapses of our brains or are they floating outside in our "minds"? Are they physical or metaphysical?
Well, that's that. I'm going to bed. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, howcome you didn't talk about those discussion questions with me after the movie? That's the whole communication and getting-to-know-you-better-thing!

Anonymous said...

so sounds like your life is one big complaint... I guess everyone's is