Sunday, May 14


Alright, so it's been a couple days since I posted last. Well, Friday I was a bit sick, but Terezita made me an excellent dinner of four-cheese ravioli with a meat sauce. It was delicious. Here's a politically incorrect joke for you:


Q: Why did God make women's feet so small?


A; So that they can stand closer to the stove.


But in all seriousness, Terezita is a wonderful cook. She makes good food. Of course this week I think that we are only making one meal on account of how much leftovers we got from her mom.


Speaking of which, today was Mother's Day. Terezita and I split for the day to visit our particular mothers and grandmothers. Today it occurred to me that my grandmother really is getting old. She loses her train of thought really easily, as if it take a lot of concentration for her just to think in a straight line. This is very sad for me. I'm very close to my grandmother and for so long she stayed away from her age, being very active and positive. Lately, though, she has been acting older - I'd say for the last year really. She is old, but still - it's hard. Last time I saw her, we talked about how she was starting a new chapter in her life, where she would be moving into a retirement community and selling her house of 40-some years at the same time that Terezita and I are moving into a new chapter of our lives too.


Sigh...


So it goes.

No comments: