Tuesday, March 6

Disneyland, Home of Pestilence

Hello all!

Currently, I am home to a fine family of bacteria that seems to have taken refuge in my respiratory system. That, coupled with seasonal allergies, has effectively taken me out of commission. I spent yesterday largely in bed watching Simpsons re-runs while my white blood cells fought a courageous battle for control over valuable parts of my immune system. During the night, unfortunately, the bacteria seems to have regrouped and reconquered lost territory. So where did I find these lovely microscopic fiends? Why, the Happiest Place on Earth of course!

It was my sister-in-law's birthday this past weekend and the family surprised her with a trip to Disneyland. The park was packed. Terezita and I have had annual passes for about two years now and we know the best times to visit the park: mostly Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the day on rainy afternoons, especially during a bomb threat... but those days are few and far between. Sunday, though, was egregious. Not only was it a bright sunny weekend, but it was also the day of some sort of cheerleader competition. Thus, there were hundreds of pre-teen girls in curt ponytails and bright colored outfits roaming the parks. The lines were long and the night began to get chilly and both Terezita and I were exhausted from a night of sleeping on the floor in my in-law's house. I am sure that is when the germs attacked, gaining major footholds into my body.

The day was not bad, though. We had lots of fun. My sister-in-law's boyfriend went as well, which is always fun. I took a video of them going down Grizzly Bear Rapids at California Adventure. Here it is below:



Overall, a fun time was had by all. We ate good food, rode fun rides and spent quality time together. What have all of you been up to?

2 comments:

thirdpartycrazy said...

I know your final question isn't rhetorical. I've been up to a lot. Mostly learning new words unexpectedly. New words like egregious. It is a word I would have expected to have known, but I didn't. So I looked it up when I saw you use it. Guess what? It is a great word. If you didn't realize it, that was a rhetorical question. Now you have a sample to understand the difference between forms of questions.

Chubbypanda said...

Email your current contact info to my work email.